With the first signs of spring in the air we have probably all felt tempted to cast off the coats, jumpers and winter boots in favour of pretty dresses and flip-flops...or at least we've started thinking about it!
But before we can fully embrace summer we need to first jump into spring - a fantastic transitional time where we can start to peel back the layers and add some light, fresh touches to our wardrobe. Here at Best in the Country HQ we've been having a good long think about our spring collection (since autumn actually) and we've managed to pick out five essential items from our SS14 range that will help ease you into summer...
1) A light piece of knitwear. Chunky knits are so last season, but lets not put the knitwear to bed entirely just yet. An elegant, fine knit cardigan is a great way to add layers to a spring outfit and on warmer days can take the place of a jacket. In summer they are essential for evenings out as the temperature starts to drop. We love the Alma Cardigan from Barbour in a beautiful pearl shade with subtle British Waterways floral trim.
2) A silk Neck Scarf. A beautiful way to add detailing into a light summer outfit to create a more formal style, a neck scarf is enough to keep out any chill and versatile enough to be worn in numerous ways. We love the Bloomfield Scarf from Joules - available in Nautical or Cream Bird designs - or push the boat out with the exquisite Claudia scarf from Laksen.
3) A light, quilted Jacket. On cooler spring days you'll be glad of having an a stylish light quilt to hand. These gorgeous, flattering jackets will keep out the chill without cramping your spring style. Barbour's Morris Utility Quilt, in Pearl is one very desirable option.
4) Pumps. It can be difficult to part ways with your comfy winter boots - they've seen us through so many cold, dark days. But with summer on the way it is time to invest in a pair of beautiful flats, the perfect footwear for putting a spring in your step on those long summer days. The Elna Loafer from Joules is a stylish summer shoe ideal for working into a range of outfits.
5) Light Trousers. Celebrate the arrival of spring by reintroducing your legs to sunlight. Begin gradually with a pretty pair of capri pants; Joules Hepburn Trousers are a lovely option to brighten up your wardrobe.
We hope this has given you a little bit of inspiration for your own spring looks. Happy shopping!
*The lace top used in the above photographs is the Lissy Top from Joules.