This Mother's Day we have found a foolproof recipe for little hands to make as a special surprise for Mum! All the family are sure to love this delicious, gooey Chocolate Brownie Cake, just remember to leave some for Mum!
Chocolate Brownie Cake Recipe.
175g caster sugar
75g light brown or muscovado sugar
125g chocolate (either plain or milk)
1tbsp golden syrup
1tsp vanilla essence
100g plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp cocoa powder
• Heat your oven to 180c/ fan 160c/ gas mark 4. Grease and line a 20cm cake tin.
• Place the butter, caster and brown sugars, chocolate and golden syrup into a pan over a low heat and melt gently until smooth.
• Remove pan from the heat.
• Whisk the eggs in a bowl until light and frothy and then, along with the vanilla essence, flour, baking powder and cocoa powder, add to the pan of chocolate mixture and mix thoroughly.
• Put the mixture into the greased and lined cake tin and place on the middle shelf of the oven. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
• Remove and allow to cool for 20-30 minutes, then cut into wedges, serve and enjoy!
• Delicious with ice cream!